John Ruocco - (Photo Geneviève Ruocco)
Dizzy GILLESPIE, Art FARMER, Slide HAMPTON, Ed SOPH, Beaver HARRIS, Teddy EDWARDS, Toots THIELEMANS, Philip CATHERINE, Joe LOVANO, Billy HART, Kenny WERNER etc...
Berlin, North Sea, Middelheim, Brussels, Oostende, Gouvy, Belga, Brosella, Warsaw, Prague, Bremen
Radio and Television
Extensive featured appearances with Belgian National Radio and Television, French Radio, German National Radio and Television.
Peter HERBOLZHEIMER Rhythm Combination and Brass : Cologne, West Germany,
1983 - present. Performances and tours in France, Germany, Holland, Belgium,
A special tour of Zaire, sponsored by Belgian Ministry of Culture, 1983.
Koninklijk Conservatorium Brussels,Belgium,since1996.Saxophone and Jazz
Koninklijk Conservatorium Den Haag, The Netherlands. Since 1987. Saxophone
and Jazz Ensemble Royal Conservatory of Music Lige, Belgium. 1981-1985.
Saxophone and Jazz Ensemble.
Clinics and Workshops in the USA, Europe,and Taiwan.
Jazz Studio of Antwerp, Belgium. 1981-1989. Saxophone and Jazz Ensemble.
Summer Jazz School of Belgium. 1980-2003. Saxophone, Jazz Bands.
Bujazzo;Since 1991 Saxophone and Big Band.
* AS A LEADER : 'Soon Spring', John RUOCCO (LDH LP)
* '20 Jahre Peter HERBOLZHEIMER RC&B Live in Concert' (Koala)
* 'Latin Groove', Peter HERBOLZHEIMER RC&B (Koala)
* 'Big Band BeBop', Peter HERBOLZHEIMER (Panda)
* 'More BeBop', Peter HERBOLZHEIMER (Koala)
* 'Music for Swinging Dancers', Vols. 1-4, Peter HERBOLZHEIMER
* 'Extremes', ACT Big Band & Guest (LDH CD)
* 'Act Big Band', Felix SIMTAINE (LDH LP)
* 'Quelque Part', Charles LOOS (LDH)
* 'No, Maybe... !', Richard ROUSSELET (Jazz Cats LP/B.Sharp CD)
* 'Real Love', Christine SCHALLER (ML Car)
* 'Baseline Returns', Hein VAN DE GEYN (CHR Challenge records)
* 'Cat Walk', Philippe AERTS Trio (Igloo 116)
* 'Waiting', Peter HERTMANS (Timeless)
* 'Trios', Frank VAGANEE
* PORTRAIT OF A SILK THREAD, Dutsh Jazz Orchestra
* 'With A Song In My Heart, Fay Claassen(CHR)
* 'IF", Myriam Alter, Enja
* 'Back To The Old World" Phillipe Aerts IGL
John RUOCCO has been closely associated with the Belgian scene.
He played and recorded with Charles LOOS, Bert JORIS, Peter HERTMANS, Richard
ROUSSELET, Michel HERR, ACT Big Band, and recently performed as a guest with the Frank Vaganne; Trio (CD 'Trios') and is a member of the Philippe Aerts Trio (CD Cat Walk) .
He is director of the Dutch Jazz Orchestra. And he has directed The Den Haag
Conservatory big band for a number of years.
Phone .070 3640714